Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer [Entry Level]
Agribusiness Development Centre (ADC: www.adc.ug) is a company limited by Guarantee established in 2017 through a partnership between dfcu Bank (Uganda) and Rabo Foundation (Netherlands) (ADC Investment members).
ADC drives value through a tailored capacity enhancement model focused on 4 key thematic areas and supplement cross cutting themes. ADC’s four thematic areas include:
- Organizational strengthening. Strengthen governance structure and accountability systems through training in governance and leadership.
- Financial management. Strengthen management skills of FBOs in general principles of financial literacy through training in financial literacy.
- Improved access to markets. Strengthen marketing capacity of FBOs.
- Price Risk Management: Equipping Coffee and Cocoa FBOs with knowledge tools, and skills to understand and mitigate price risks in the international market.
And Cross cutting themes:
- Gender and youth
- Green growth
- Integration of good agronomy practices
The preferred partner in promoting Self Sufficiency in target customer segments towards Agricultural Transformation in Uganda.
We offer our chosen market segment capacity building, business accelerator opportunities and facilitate relevant linkages through innovations and collaborations to grow, build and promote a prospect of a sustainable future.
ADC is committed to upholding the following values:
- Client Value Creation– Empowering clients to become high performers in their enterprises.
- Respect for the Individual– Valuing diversity and unique contributions.
- Innovativeness-New technologies, approaches, and creating viable solutions for clients.
- Integrity – Remaining ethically steadfast to inspire trust.
- Sustainability– Building resilient and self-sufficient enterprises.
- Professionalism-Building, collaboration and learning for exceptional service delivery.
ADC is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer (ME&L Officer).
Under the overall direction of the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Manager, the ME&L Officer will work with the programme team to support implementation of the M&E function, and data management systems. This includes working closely with the other technical staff in ensuring timely, data collection, validation, documentation, analysis and dissemination of information to track progress and support delivery of ADC’s Strategic Objectives.
The ME&L Officer will support monitoring of field activities and resource utilization on a regular basis to ensure efficiency, effective implementation and coherence of team activity plans to approved budgets.
The ME&L Officer will be support in the aggregation and development of high-quality reports including monthly, quarterly and annual activity reports from the different departments and regional advisors as well as Field Monitoring and subsequent Assessments.
M&E Officer is expected to maintain the ADC Monitoring and Evaluation System/database, and will be responsible for the collection, validation, collation, analysis documentation and storage of different datasets in relation to the programme activities.
The ME&L Officer will be stationed at the ADC Head Office in Kampala to serve the ADC across the country with frequent travel to the field.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under direct supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager, the ME&L officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
PROJECT PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Support in the development of detailed workplans for the ME&L department to foster efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure Timely delivery of planned project activities by identifying and documenting challenges, lessons learned and adjusting as needed to ensure success.
- Provide Support to the ME&L Manager in capacity development of the team and agents in the Monitoring and Evaluation function through identifying capacity needs for Quality report writing, research, data entry, analysis and management, and system management among others.
- Contribute to the refinement of ADC onboarding and data collection tools
MANAGING PROJECT RESOURCES
Provide support in the Monitoring of expenditures of the department, and of field-based teams including agents to ensure compliance with approved budgets and enhance cost effectiveness.
- Conduct routine monitoring of ADC clients across the country.
- Develop research and monitoring tools to facilitate comprehensive assessment of activity progress.
- Review, conduct data cleaning and validate physical field-based data forms against entries onto the digital Monitoring and Evaluation System on a weekly basis.
Support in Conducting stakeholder mapping of actors and potential partners in the private sector, government, civil society and any other sector relevant for the ADC program.
COMMUNICATION AND REPORTING
- Receive and process official requests for data and information; internally and from external stakeholders.
- Share progress reports to provide periodic project feedback for key stakeholders.
- Ensure effective communication to key internal and external teams.
- Document and share widely successes and failures for learning.
- Attend relevant workshops, conferences, seminars, expos that would contribute to ADCs knowledge scope.
- Contribute to knowledge management of the ADC; Document lessons from activities, events, surveys and assessments to support proactive decision making and planning.
Other duties as may be assigned by the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager.
Competencies and skills
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Excellent analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and make sound judgment.
- Strong relations management abilities and diplomatic skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions and results-oriented
- Presentation skills.
- Report writing capabilities and communication skills.
- Able and willing to work independently
- Demonstrable skills in Management Information Systems [MIS] for learning.
At least 3 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects as well as experience in resource mobilization leaning to Agricultural sector development.
Specific requirements include:
- Expertise in Evaluation of Agribusiness and or Agricultural led projects, international development, finance, economics or related field of study.
- Demonstrated Experience in successful resource mobilization for capacity development interventions.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of high-quality reports;
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the conceptualization, utilization and maintenance of Management Information Systems using Monitoring Visualization, and database software;
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software;
- Robust Capacity building & facilitation skills.
- Unwavering commitment to data-driven program monitoring & evaluation.
A Bachelor’s degree in, Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Social Sciences, Development Finance and or Economics or related studies from an accredited college or university is required. A Post Graduate, especially in Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage.
Fluency in written and spoken English a must, good knowledge and understanding of at least two local language is an added advantage.
This is an entry level position that requires basic M&E competency.
Interested candidates are required to submit their Cover letter, CV and a recent passport size photograph by the 18/03/2022, 5:00pm by email to the ADC Administrator: Jannet Nongom, Jannet.Nongom@adc.ug
Agribusiness Development Center
Plot 1 Mackinnon Road
P.O Box 70 Kampala (U)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further deliberations.
N.B: If you do not hear from us after 2 weeks of the deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
“We are an equal opportunity employer for this we encourage all to apply”