Agribusiness Development Centre (ADC: www.adc.ug) is a company limited by Guarantee established in 2017 through a partnership between dfcu Bank (Uganda) and Rabo Foundation (Netherlands) (ADC Investment members).
Based on the new Strategic Plan, ADC’s Mission is to “offer chosen market segment capacity building, business accelerator opportunities and facilitate relevant linkages through innovations and collaborations to grow, build and promote a prospect of a sustainable future”.
ADC drives value through a tailored capacity enhancement model focused on four key thematic areas and supplements cross-cutting themes.
ADC’s 4 Thematic Areas
1. Organizational strengthening: Strengthen governance structure and accountability systems through training in governance and leadership.
2. Financial management: Strengthen the management skills of FBOs in general principles of financial literacy through training in financial literacy.
3. Improved access to markets: Strengthen the marketing capacity of FBOs.
4. Price Risk Management: Equipping Coffee and Cocoa FBOs with knowledge, tools and skills to understand and mitigate price risks in the international market.
1. Gender and youth
2. Green growth
3. Integration of good agronomy practices
The ADC seeks to provide an opportunity to youth available for a continuous six months in a voluntary capacity to support with data capturing and cleaning, document drafting, filing, online user support, field support, events logistical support, social media engagements and analytics, questionnaire deployment and follow up, taking notes and following up action points, and any other clerical duties that support to develop their learning, experience as well as enhance their exposure. The learning focus will be ICT, Communications, Finance and Administration, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Training.
‘The preferred Partners in promoting self- sufficiency in target customer segments towards agricultural transformation in Uganda‘
We offer our chosen market segment capacity building, business accelerator opportunities and facilitate relevant linkages through innovations and collaborations to grow, build and promote a prospect of a sustainable future
Client Value Creation
Respect for the Individual
Are you an Agribusiness in need of our services?
If you happen to be involved in any of our Focus Value Chains, give us a call or come to our offices for a chat. Our mission is to grow production geared towards food security and improve farmers’ welfare.