Successful Cooperatives or individual farmers have one common practice, which is good leadership. One of the challenges of most Farmer Cooperatives in Uganda is poor governance brought about by bad leaders/leadership.
This module once completed, secures the future of a cooperative from effects that are likely to be caused by bad leadership.
Highlights about this sessions appears here. Highlights about this sessions appears here.
- What is Governance
- Factors that influence Good Governance
- Types of a Boards in Cooperatives and their roles
- Key Performance Areas of the board
- Cooperatives committees
- Tools for effective Governance of Cooperatives
- The Pillars of a Cooperative
- Types of Cooperatives
- Key steps in formation
- Key success factors
- Key Elements of Strategic Planning
- Setting Targets
- Performance Management
Highlights about this section go here
- Policy Development
- Management Driven Policies
- Monitoring Financial Performance
- Action Planning for Cooperatives