The Price Risk Management training is organized as per ADC’s mandate to provide agribusiness training to farmer groups and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the Coffee and Cocoa Value chains.
The participants, comprising representatives of Farmer Based Organizations (FBOs) from different regions in the East, West, and Central, have a chance to get an in-depth market analysis from the ADC business advisors. This training, which happens twice a year, is to enhance their capacity to develop strategies and tools to mitigate the risks and improve their efficiency.
Objectives of Price Risk Management
The PRM training workshop is designed to help participants from coffee and coca farmer-based organizations to understand, measure and mitigate price risks with the volatility of the international futures Markets in the Coffee export trade.
Specific Workshop Objectives
The specific objectives of the training:
- To understand the Price risks that affect the Coffee business locally and internationally.
- To understand the differentiated coffee markets, Specialty, and niche Markets
- To understand the different Coffee Contracts and how they apply.
- To understand the different contents of the contract, Price fixing and Incoterms
- To understand Digital literacy and its importance to the trading business
- To understand the Fair Trade Market and Pricing, New changes,
- To know how to develop the commercial /marketing strategy.
The PRM workshop embraces a mixed approach favouring an Online – digital-fledged training facilitated and physical attendance and support of the participants at the head office (controlled environment). Stay tuned to our social media channels for updates or notifications on the upcoming Price Risk Management training this year.